Ms Ncube who has been in Collective Administration for 16 years attended both Regional & International Collective Management Courses & Seminars under the CISAC & The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). Amongst the Courses that she has attended are:
• World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Inter-Regional Seminar on Copyright.
• WIPO Training on Copyright & Related Rights.
• WIPO intensive training course on Collective Management of Copyright.
• USA Copyright Office International Symposium on emerging issues in Copyright for developing Countries.
• UNESCO National Anti-Piracy Training.
• WIPO Training on Copyright & Reprography.
She has also participated in CISAC AGM’s in different Countries since 2001.
CISAC is the International Confederation Of Societies Of Authors & Composers, was founded in 1926 as a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit Organization, with its Headquarters in Paris, France with Regional Offices in Budapest, Santiago De Chile, Johannesburg & Singapore. It works towards Increased Recognition & Protection of Creators Rights.
In order to address region-specific issues, CISAC has set up Regional Committees in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Canada/USA, Europe, Latin-America and the Caribbean. They meet on a regular basis in order to attain their main objectives, namely to foster co-operation between societies in the same region and to join their efforts in support of the interests of their members on a regional level. This co-operation can give rise to regional projects when the political, economic or technological situation in a region, or part of a region, so demands.
The Zimbabwe Music Rights Association joined CISAC in 2005.